SecuriThink Field-Tested Data Classification Solution
Get higher returns on your data classification investment with a solution that has been field-tested in two Fortune 500 projects involving 12,000 and 50,000 team members, respectively.
Our Data Classification Solution integrates technology with business transformation methods to manage factors too often left out of a security project. We leverage what’s already going well in your organization, while shifting to higher potential.
What to Avoid
Whether you’re introducing data classification for the first time or your organization already has guidelines in place, our experience shows that projects stir up more questions from employees about the classification schema than about using a technology that might be deployed to support it.
However, most projects put technology center stage and ignore the change it is forcing in the business. This puts the project focus at odds with the focus the audience has. It makes the project more difficult and riskier than it needs to be. It also reduces the ultimate pay-off that’s available from your investment.
A more wholistic approach
We integrate technology with business transformation methods to engage stakeholders and manage factors too often left out of a security project. We leverage what’s already going well in your organization, while shifting to higher potential.
Based on our track record, higher returns on your data classification investment include:
- Accelerate adoption of classification and/or tools by employees
- Maximize use of classification by employees
- Maximize employee classification skill & accuracy
- Reduce organizational noise & distraction from the change(s) in classification
- Stronger agreements increase internal trust, cooperation and collaboration
- Increase internal confidence, capacity, and capability
- Enhance your reputation
- Stronger market position
- A more deeply embedded information security stance overall
- Higher likelihood of on-time, on-budget project
- Higher likelihood of project sponsor satisfaction
- Reduced project risks
- “Data now feels like an asset. You’ve made data feel tangible… [In] the past, if a former colleague asked for a copy of policy to benchmark, I had no clear basis for saying ‘No.’ Now, I can say it is classified… and I don’t have authority to release it. It’s a big win for protecting our assets.” An employee, Fortune 500 automotive manufacturing
- Data Classification Solution based on two successful Fortune 500 projects at organizations with 12,000 and 50,000 team members, respectively.
- 50+ years combined experience on Fortune 500 mission critical projects requiring both tech skills and business savvy
- 30+ years combined experience creating the technology business case for owners, Boards of Directors, and CxOs
- 35+ years combined experience in cybersecurity and network engineering
- 12 years Fortune 500 CISO experience
- Hyper-practical, right-size orientation; avoid over-engineering the solution
- Hard-wired to sweat during planning to avoid bleeding during implementation
- Pro-active stakeholder engagement – from front line team to senior leadership and owners – means low organizational noise and rapid implementation once support is aligned
- Fortune 100 experience included smaller operational units so it scales to medium-size businesses
- Nationally recognized experts accustomed to working globally
What Else We Do
Step Zero™ Rapid Cybersecurity Cost Estimates
This unique approach, with a known range of verified accuracy, was first field-tested on 12 Fortune 500 Merger and Acquisition (M&A) deals yet it also supports data-driven investment decisions for cybersecurity compliance.
Managing Up and Out™ Security Strategy and Education
Tap the 30+ years combined experience of our team to align stakeholders from Boards of Directors and C-suite to critical asset owners or front-line team members. Whether it’s a business case, strategy roadmap, or key presentation, we can cross-train, ghostwrite, or deliver on your behalf.
Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) is the evolution of cybersecurity contractual requirements from the Department of Defense (DoD) with which SecuriThink practitioners have been involved for over 10 years.
Our journey satisfying these requirements is the story of “how we know what done looks like” for cybersecurity as we state on our website homepage.
SecuriThink Field-Tested OT / IT Integration
Readily create dollars from Operational Technology (OT) data using our field-tested approach to Information Technology (IT) integration based on success at 42 facilities across 15 different business divisions
Optimizing your company’s information security
Takes more than the latest technology
Or a staff trained to use it.
It takes a shift in thinking.
A shift in acting.
Hearth Security™ – Personal Security Strategy
Securing your crown jewel assets, one household at a time.
Field-Tested Proactive Insider Threat Program
Over 90% of most companies’ value now comes from intangible assets. In addition to Intellectual Property (IP), brand reputation, competitive advantage, supplier network, employee retention, and customer loyalty are measurably affected by cyberattacks. Research shows some of the most damaging losses coming from trusted insiders with malicious intent, also called Insider Threat.
The biggest gains come from proactive attention to Insider Threat, that is, don’t chase after the horse that’s gotten away, keep it from leaving the stable.
Supply Chain Cybersecurity
Threat actors are increasingly exploiting the path of least resistance in the supply chain to attack their real targets. While more large companies have built a reasonable cybersecurity posture, malicious actors still find easy ingress through abundant open doors in smaller suppliers.
Supply chain attacks have skyrocketed to the point where targeted companies are motivated to manage their own risk by managing the risk hiding in their supply chain.